Sausage French Toast Roll Ups
What you need
- 6 pork sausages
- 6 slices white bread
- 3 eggs
- 100ml whole milk
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 40g butter
- Extras: 50ml maple syrup, icing sugar for sprinkling
- Cook the sausages according to packet instructions. Cool.
- Slice the crusts off the bread slices and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Wrap the sausages in the bread slices and press down the seam to seal.
- Mix the eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Submerge the wrapped sausages until well coated then drain slightly.
- Melt the butter in a pan until gently foaming. Add your sausages to the pan and cook on all sides until golden brown. Serve straight away with a sprinkling of icing sugar and some maple syrup.