Scalloped potatoes do seem like the ultimate luxury food. Who hasn't craved a creamy slab of starchy goodness before? When topped with pizza stuff we're really talking rustic deliciousness. Get stuck in,
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Mix together the potatoes with the cream, parmesan, garlic, oregano and seasonings.
- Pour into a greased baking tray and spread the potatoes into a layer. Bake for around an hour or until the potatoes are soft.
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan and gently fry the onion until soft. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute, then add the chilli, wine and tomatoes. Cook until reduced, around 15 minutes.
- Spoon the pizza sauce over the cooked potatoes and top with mozzarella and pepperoni.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and delicious.