Scalloped Potato Pizza
What you need
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly on a mandolin
- 2 cups double cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tin tomato passata
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Fresh mozzarella
Scalloped potatoes do seem like the ultimate luxury food. Who hasn't craved a creamy slab of starchy goodness before? When topped with pizza stuff we're really talking rustic deliciousness. Get stuck in,
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Mix together the potatoes with the cream, parmesan, garlic, oregano and seasonings.
- Pour into a greased baking tray and spread the potatoes into a layer. Bake for around an hour or until the potatoes are soft.
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan and gently fry the onion until soft. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute, then add the chilli, wine and tomatoes. Cook until reduced, around 15 minutes.
- Spoon the pizza sauce over the cooked potatoes and top with mozzarella and pepperoni.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and delicious.