For the steak:
- 1 large hanger steak
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sachet Schwartz Chimichurri seasoning
For the salsa:
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 100g sweetcorn
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lime, juice only
- salt, to taste
- Sour cream, to serve
- Fries, to serve
We’ve just raised the street food steaks in our latest collaboration with Schwartz! Featuring fries loaded with the subtle spice of chimichurri and fresh, fiery salsa, this is a simple solution to feeding a crowd at dinner time. Grab a fork and dive right in!
- Marinade your steak in the oil, seasoning and vinegar. Set aside for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat your grill to 250°C. Bake your fries until golden.
- Grill your steak on both sides until medium.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 15 minutes, during which time you can make your salsa.
- Simply mix together all of the ingredients!
- Slice your steak at an angle and load onto your fries.
- Top with sour cream and dollops of your salsa.