1. In a large sauté pan heat olive oil. Add onions and cook until slightly soft. Add peppers, garlic and salt, stir to combine. Cook till softened about 6-8 minutes.
2. Add all of the spices, tomatoes and sugar. Gently break the tomatoes apart using the back of a spoon. Stir to combine and cover with a lid. Cook until thick and reduced about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, add tahini, garlic, lemon juice, salt and oil to a food processor. Blitz to combine. Add chickpeas and blitz until fully combined and broken down. Add ice cubes one at a time until fully smooth. Keep motor running until hummus is smooth adding up to 2 tbsp more oil if needed.
4. When sauce is done, make four wells in the pan. Add one egg into each well, season with salt and cover with a lid. Turn heat to low and cook for 12-15 minutes until whites are cooked and yolk is still soft.
5. Spread hummus onto plates leaving a border, generously add one egg and sauce into the centre of each. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with fresh chopped coriander.
6. Serve with warm pita and enjoy!