- 3 tbsp groundnut oil.
- 3 mixed peppers, sliced thin
- 2 onions, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 pouches Heinz Creationz Mexican Beanz
- 10 regular flour tortillas
- 150g cheddar
It’s crunch time for a few of your favourite flavours! Transport yourself to Latin America and enjoy the tastes of Mexico in no time with our latest Heinz Creationz collaboration. Featuring smokey chorizo and chipotle beans, pan roasted peppers and a pinch of seasoning, spicing up your week has never been so simple.
- Put 1 tbsp of oil in a large, deep sided frying pan and fry the peppers and onions until soft, then stir in the spices. Remove from the heat and place in a bowl.
- Microwave the Heinz Creationz Mexican Beanz to packet instructions and pour into the cooked peppers, then stir everything together.
- Cut 6 of the tortillas in half, leaving the other 4 whole.
- Brush a lined baking tray with the remaining oil and lay the half tortillas around the edge, straight sides facing outwards, to make a layer. Place two whole tortillas in the middle to cover up the gaps.
- Spoon the Beanz mixture over the layer of tortillas and sprinkle with the cheddar, then top with two tortillas in the middle. Place the cut tortillas around the edge, straight side out, then brush with more oil. Place a layer of baking paper on top along with another sheet pan and bake for 30 - 40 minutes, grilling for the final 10 to crisp up.