This one-pan wonder is the perfect thing to serve up on the weekend. Crispy potatoes, smoky bacon and gooey eggs all under one roof - what more could you want!
- Heat to oven to 200 degrees.
- Peel and grate the potatoes, then soak them in a large bowl of water for 1 hour.
- Chop the bacon into lardons and fry on a high heat until they are crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Drain, then in a few batches microwave for 4 mins spread out on a large plate. Leave to cool.
- Combine the potatoes, bacon, spring onions, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Generously oil a medium sized high sided baking tray with vegetable oil. Tightly pack the dish with the potato mixture, pressing down to ensure it is evenly distributed.
- With the back of a spoon, make 6 evenly spaced craters in the top of the potatoes to make room for the eggs. Brush the top of the potatoes with the oil, then place in the oven to bake for 35 mins.
- Remove the tray from the oven and crack an egg into each crater. Return to the oven to bake for a further 10-12 mins, or until the whites are set but the yolks still beautifully runny.
- Carve the bake into individual slices, ensuring that everybody gets an egg. Scoop onto plates with a spatula and serve immediately.