Sheet Pan Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese
What you need
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 16 slices white bread
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsps worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapenos
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Buttermilk ranch dressing, to serve
- Heat the olive oil over high heat and add the beef and onion. Fry until slightly browned and translucent.
- Add garlic powder, paprika and salt and stir through.
- Add ketchup, passata, mustard, worcestershire sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Spread mayonnaise over one side of each slice of bread. Line a baking tray. Lay the bread slices mayonnaise side down, slightly overlapping, across the bottom of the lined tray. Top with the beef mix, cheese, jalapenos, then lay down another layer of bread slices- overlapping again-mayonnaise facing up.
- Top with a sheet of greaseproof and weigh down with a tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 200°C.
- Slice up and enjoy!