Chicken queso comes from the illustrious stable of Tex-Mex cuisine. Fusing the flavours of the ancient cuisine of the Mayans with the brave new world of America, Tex-Mex is often an unfair victim of scorn from the authenticity police. We at Twisted believe that food would be boring without innovation and this dish is a classic example. Combining chipotle chillies (Mexico) with processed cheese (America) to devastating effect this dish is cheesy, spicy and full of flavour.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the taco seasoning and a little oil.
- Heat a heavy bottomed, wide sautee pan and fry the chicken breasts on each side for at least five minutes - remove to a hot (180°C/360°F) oven for a further 5/10 minutes.
- Meanwhile add a little bit more oil to the pan and fry the peppers and jalapenos until soft.
- Pour in the salsa, chipotle sauce, double cream and cheddar. Stir together and add the chicken back into the pan.
- Top with chopped tomatoes, avocados, crushed nachos and coriander. Serve with rice.