What You’ll Need:
- 1 kg beef mince
- 1 small onion, very finely diced
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 fat cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 egg
- 100g fine breadcrumbs
- 1.4L tomato/marinara/meatball sauce
- 1 block pizza mozzarella, cut into fat cubes (1cm cubed should do)
How You Make It:
- Mix all of your ingredients well (apart from the mozzarella and tomato sauce) in a large bowl. Grab enough mince to make a meatball (about 70g), roll it into a ball until nice and smooth, then push a cube of mozzarella inside and roll the meat around it to form a ball once more.
- Throw half your sauce into your slow cooker. Throw in the meatballs in a single layer (don’t worry if they don’t quite fit- just bung them in), then add the rest of your sauce. Put the lid on and cook on high for 2 or so hours.
- Serve with spaghetti, on their own with a salad, or as we have, on mini garlic ciabatta slices with a little parmesan.