Smoky Chorizo Shakshuka
What you need
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 diced red onion
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 200g chorizo slices
- 2 diced peppers
- 2tsp paprika
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- salt and pepper
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 2x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 3 eggs
- Extras: toasted sourdough, small bunch parsley, crumbled feta
- Preheat the oven to 160c.
- Heat the oil in a skillet or deep frying pan.
- Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic, stir and cook out for 1 minute. Now add the chorizo and red pepper. Gently fry until the pepper is soft and the chorizo is coloured.
- Now sprinkle in the seasoning and spices. Stir to coat the other ingredients. Add the tinned tomatoes and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- After the tomato sauce has thickened a little break three eggs onto the surface.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on the eggs- you want them to be runny!
- Serve up with toasted sourdough.