S'mores Cupcake Sliders
- Time: 20
- Serves: 12
What you need
- 12 bashed up digestive biscuits
- 1/2 cup (120ml) buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) groundnut oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (95g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (40g) cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
S'mores are the archetypal cosy treat. Our take on sweet sliders takes this idea - molten chocolate and gooey, stringy marshmallows then sandwiches it between layers of moist chocolate cake. Stunning.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tin and sprinkle each hole with the crushed biscuits.
- Whisk the buttermilk together with the sugars, oil, eggs and vanilla essence and set aside.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and then pour the wet mix in and whisk thoroughly.
- Spoon a small amount of the batter into each hole, only going around half way up as the mixture rises quite a bit.
- Sprinkle crushed biscuits over the batter and bake for roughly 20 minutes, until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack before cutting each muffin in half. Set the bottom halves on a small oven tray and then sprinkle with chopped chocolate and marshmallows. Place the top halves back on top and place bake in the oven for another 10 - 15 minutes