Make midweek pasta perfection, courtesy of our latest collaboration with Birds Eye! Featuring fiery Southern Fried Chicken Grills, vine-roasted tomatoes and strands of pesto-coated spaghetti, our comfort-heavy take on a classic, this will hit the spot every time. Pasta night, made right.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Line a tray with parchment paper.
- Arrange four Southern Fried Chicken Grills on tray as well as tomatoes. Drizzle oil on tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Place in preheated oven. Cook for 25 minutes until chicken is heated through, flipping once, tomatoes should be roasted.
- Meanwhile, in a large mortar and pestle, add roasted pine nuts and bash until crushed. Add basil and continue to bash until a paste is formed. Add garlic and continue to mix until combined and smooth. Stir in olive oil and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pesto to a pan over medium heat, toss pasta in pesto and add a bit of pasta water to help coat and create a sauce, and toss to coat.
- Slice cooked chicken into strips. Twirl pasta into bowls, top with 1 sliced chicken breast each and roasted tomatoes.