Makes 4 Scotch Eggs
What You’ll Need:
- 4 eggs
- 300g beef mince
- 1 red pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp oregano
- 3 garlic cloves
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 100g Doritos, crushed
- vegetable oil for deep frying
How You Make It:
- Heat some water in a saucepan and once boiling, add the eggs. Cook for 5 minutes 30 seconds, then plunge into iced water, to stop the cooking process. Carefully peel the shells off and set aside.
- Put the beef mince, pepper, spices, garlic and seasoning in a food processor and blitz until the ingredients are well combined.
- Form 4 large balls of the beef mixture then flatten out to around 2cm thick on squares of clingfilm.
- Lightly roll the boiled eggs in flour, tap off the excess then place in the centres of the flattened beef mixture.
- Use the cling film to help you wrap the chicken mix evenly round the eggs, sealing together with your hands.
- Set up a bowl of plain flour, whisked egg and crushed Doritos.
- Roll the beef encased eggs in flour, then egg, then Doritos.
- Heat vegetable oil for deep frying to around 160c. Submerge the scotch eggs in the oil and fry until the coating is well browned.