Steak Sub Sliders
- 3 thin minute steaks
- knob butter
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 5 hotdog rolls
- 1 block mozzarella or provolone
- 1/2 cup fried onions
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp beef jus or thick gravy, plus a little more to serve
- Heat the oil until smoking. Add your steaks, fry for 30 seconds then flip and fry the second side for the same amount of time. Add butter, garlic and rosemary. Baste. Remove to rest.
- Cut your buns in half and lay the bottom halves in the dish. Top with the steaks, then the onions and the mozzarella. Put the top half of the buns on.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, parsley, oregano, garlic and beef jus. Brush all over the buns.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes.