- Bash out each chicken breast until about ½” thick or so.
- In a large bowl, mix together buttermilk, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Let sit for at least 30 minutes up to 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze for the chicken. Add the oil and butter to a non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook for a minute until aromatic. Add in the remaining ingredients except for the lime juice. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer until thickened, add the lime juice to finish. Keep warm.
- Pe-heat oil to 170ºC in a deep pot about ½ way up.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all coating ingredients. Remove the chicken and let the majority of the buttermilk drip off, then coat in the flour mix, pressing to adhere.
- Fry the chicken in the heated oil until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on a wire rack, then coat in the glaze.
- To make the cheese sauce, heat evaporated milk over medium heat, toss the cheese in the cornstarch and add to the milk. Stir to cook and melt through until thickened. Add the hot sauce.
- Build the burgers in the buns with mayonnaise and lettuce. Serve fries on the side and coat in cheese sauce. Sprinkle with bacon and jalapenos. Enjoy!