Sticky Whisky Chicken Wings
What you need
- 12 chicken wings, seperated into wingettes and drumettes
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup whisky
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 red pepper jelly (or redcurrant jelly)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sunflower oil, for shallow frying
- Heat your oil to 175°C.
- Mix together your flour, paprika, cayenne, black pepper and salt. Dunk your chicken wings into the whisked egg then into the flour mixture. Shake off excess flour.
- Fry for 7 or 8 minutes, in 2 batches. They should be nicely golden and crisp but nicely tender and cooked through.
- While your chicken is frying, pop all of your sauce ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cook for 5 minutes on high to reduce.
- Drain your chicken and pop on a baking tray. Glaze with your sauce.
- Grill for 2 minutes to nicely adhere the glaze to the wings.
- Get involved!!