In case you hadn’t already heard, Easter is coming, and for some reason that means everyone suddenly expects you to transform into a baking whizz kid overnight. You’re expected to whip up a batch of cakes for your local Easter egg hunt, and somehow turn all that left over Easter egg chocolate into the best chocolate cake of all time to please the various extended family members who always seem to visit around this time of year.
For all you baking-challenged chefs out there: don’t fret, because Stork have the perfect solution. Their Ready To Bake cupcake range is here to turn your last-minute baking frown upside down. Simply follow the packet instructions, and then add a bunch of Easter-themed decor to the top of your cute little cupcakes. It turns out that being an Easter baking brainbox really is that easy. Who knew?
What You’ll Need:
- 300g Stork with butter
- 600g icing sugar
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 Packet Stork Ready To Bake Vanilla Cupcake
- 1 Packet Stock Ready To Bake Chocolate Cupcake
- 1 tbsp Easter themed sweets and mini chocolate eggs per ‘cake’
- Assorted food colouring
How You Make It:
- Line a 12-hole muffin tray with assorted muffin paper cases.
- Follow the packet instructions on the Ready To Bake pouches. Squeeze in the flavours into the cases until just over half full. Bake according to packet instructions (20-25 minutes). Leave the cupcakes to cool.
- Remove the cupcakes from the cases and hollow out the centre. Fill with sweets/eggs.
- Make the cream icing. Blend the stork with butter with the icing sugar and milk. Divide into 3 and colour with food colouring. Transfer a little of each into 3 separate piping bags. Pipe around the cupcake (avoiding the sweets). Pop another hollowed out cupcake (of the same colour) on top. Place the double cupcakes on a serving board.
- Carefully icing each double cupcake with the appropriate icing so it looks like an Easter egg!