Stork's Surprise Easter Egg Hunt Cake
What you need
- 225g Stork
- 250g caster sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the ganache:
- 200g dark chocolate, cut into pieces
- 200g double cream, hot
- Miniature chocolate eggs
- Desiccated coconut, dyed green with edible food dye
- Vanilla wafers- enough to fence your cake!
- Grease and line two 20cm round cake tins.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.
- Put all of the ingredients for the cake into a large bowl and blend using a hand blender until just smooth (but no longer!).
- Spoon the mixture into two lined tins and bake for 35 mins.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack.
- Make your ganache. Break the chocolate and put in a pyrex bowl. Heat cream until nearly simmering and then pour over the chocolate, leave to sit for 2 mins, then stir until you have a smooth mixture. Pour this over one of your cakes (making sure the cake is completely cold and on the plate you want to present it on). Spread to the edges of your cake (this will act as glue). Stick on your wafers until they cover the rim.
- Break up the second cake up into a food mixture and pulse to make the edible soil to top the first cake. Put half in your cake. Put in the eggs. Cover with the rest of the soil.
- Top with the "grass" and decorate accordingly!!
- Happy Easter!