- Preheat oven to 210C (425F). On one pizza round, place sliced cheese evenly around. Sprinkle garlic and parsley evenly over cheese. Top with second pizza dough and roll to adhere.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter. Place the cheese filled dough into the pan and press so it rides up the sides of the pan.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add oil and crumbled sausage meat. Cook sausage until golden brown and then remove with a slotted spoon into a separate bowl.
- Add onion and cook until slightly softened. Add garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes. Pour in the passata and all spices, salt, and sugar. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Arrange mozzarella slices over pizza crust. Top with basil leaves, sausage and tomato sauce. Spread tomato sauce evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle parmesan cheese while still hot.
- Remove from springform pan and base.