- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 litre groundnut oil
Fried chicken and chicken parm - shining paragons of poultry cookery, undisputed titans of the chicken world. In this Twisted re-imagining we smash both of these together to create a thing of godlike, otherwordly magnificence.
- Neatly butterfly each chicken breast and season on both sides.
- Place some of the grated mozzarella in the middle of the butterflied breast and fold over, pressing together around the edges.
- Whisk together the flour, parmesan, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Dip the whole breast in the buttermilk then press into the flour mix. Press the coating to the chicken.
- Shallow fry, turning over every now and then, for around 10 minutes, until the chicken has developed a lovely crisp skin.
- Serve with marinara sauce and bread.