Stuffed Macaroni and Cheese Burgers
- Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 6-8
What you need
400g cooked macaroni noodles
1 1/2 cups bechamel sauce
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
10 Bacon rashers, cooked and chopped finely
500g beef mince
2 tsp salt
1 1/2 pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
4 eggs, whisked
2 cups flour
2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
Oil for frying
Macaroni and cheese is as delicious on it's own but studded with bacon and stuffed with a burger patty...these are incredible. Fried until golden brown, the macaroni has just enough cheese to emulate a bacon cheese burger! A perfect solution when you can't decide between mac and cheese or a burger, we've got you sorted.
- In a large bowl, mix together macaroni noodles, béchamel, cheeses and bacon until combined. Let chill for 30 minutes to set.
- Mix together beef mince, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Take about 1-2 tbsp of mixture and flatten into mini patties. Repeat with remaining mix.
- Fry each beef patty in a bit of oil in a pan over medium heat until browned
- Press macaroni mix into a disk, add one patty and top with additional macaroni. Wrap macaroni tightly to seal.
- Coat each disk in flour then egg then breadcrumbs, then repeat egg and breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry each until golden brown.