Step up your snack game and make these little crispy dudes. Perfect for game day, or any day!
- Heat some oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Add the onion and fry off until soft. Throw in the mini pepperoni slices and continue frying until they are starting to crisp up. Add the garlic and cook out for 1 min before adding the passata and reducing it until the sauce is thick. Add the salt and pepper.
- Roll each slice of bread with a rolling pin to flatten in, then cut 2 circles out of each. On 12 of them, pop a small spoonful of the tomato sauce, sprinkle with some chopped mozzarella and some basil.
- Mix the flour with 3 tbsp water in a bowl until smooth. Brush around the outside edge of the bread circle, then press another round of bread on top.
- Heat oil to 170C and fry the diapers until they are golden, about 2 mins.
- Top with more cheese and pepperoni and grill under a high heat until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!