What You’ll Need:
- 175g Raw King Prawns
- 5 slices white bread
- 2 spring onions
- 1 fat clove garlic
- thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1 tbsp rice flour (all-purpose is fine)
- tsp de-seeded red chilli (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 medium egg
- sesame seeds, lots
- flavourless oil, for frying
How You Make It:
- Place all of your ingredients apart from your sesame seeds and oil into the small bowl of a food processor and blend until you have a fine paste.
- Scrape out a large dessertspoon of mixture and spread it over a slice of bread, leaving slightly more mixture in the centre of the bread than at the edge.
- Dip your slice of bread (mixture side down) in a flat tray that you have filled with sesame seeds.
- Slice this piece into 4 triangles. Repeat with your remaining bits of bread until your mixture has been used up.
- Fry in hot oil for about 6 minutes, starting with the prawn side down and flipping half way through to brown the bottom of the toasts.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce, of course!