The world can’t get enough of Sushi and we’re always looking for new ways to consume it. After Sushi Burritos and Sushi Cones became a thing, it was only a matter of time before Sushi Burgers followed.
Just swap the brioche buns for some sticky rice and the burger patty for some fish and you’re more than half way there. Sounds simple enough right? Well it is. We whipped one up so now you can too, the only thing left to ask is… can we get some fries with that?
What You’ll Need:
- 1 half side of v.good quality salmon
- 250g sushi rice, cooked according to packet instructions, then cooled
- Pickled cabbage
- Sriracha Mayonnaise
- Nori (roasted seaweed) sheets
- 2 ripe Haas avocados
- 75g hot wasabi peas
- Black sesame seeds/Nigella seeds
How You Make It:
- Make your burger bun. You’ll need a flattish bottom and a slightly rounded top. To do this, wet both your hands and grab a lump of rice with one hand, then form the patty with the other. Repeat for the top or bottom depending on which you started with.
- Slice your salmon against the grain into long, equal strips just under 1cm thick.
- Whizz up your avocados with your wasabi peas until you have a nice even paste.
- Cut up your Nori into ‘cheese slice’ squares.
- Now layer your burger! Firstly, lay your bottom bun half on a flat surface. Spoon over some of your avocado mixture and smooth out so it is the same width as your bun. Roll up a piece of salmon and pop it in the middle of your burger, then wrap additional pieces of salmon around this middle roll until, once again, you have matched the width of your bun. Top with a nori square, some sriracha mayonnaise, a little pickled red cabbage, and finally your top, rounded bun.
- Sprinkle over a few of your seeds.