What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups sushi rice, cooked according to packet instructions
- 1/4 cup wasabi paste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- sunflower oil, for shallow frying
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced, for topping
- cucumber, thinly sliced, for topping
- toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 lb fresh salmon, sliced
- soy sauce, for serving
- pickled ginger, for topping
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
How You Make It:
- Grab a small saucepan (about 7″) with straight sides. Lay some clingfilm in loosely, and spray liberally with oil. Place in your cooked rice and press down into the pan, ensuring it is nice and flat. Pop in the freezer for an hour or so to harden.
- Pop your egg and breadcrumbs in two separate bowls large enough to manoeuvre your rice disk.
- Pop your rice disk in the egg, then the crumbs. Shallow fry in hot oil until nicely coloured and crispy on both sides. About 5 minutes.
- Drain and place on a serving plate. Mix together the mayonnaise and wasabi. Top your pizza with this, then arrange over slices of avocado, cucumber, salmon, ginger and sesame seeds.
- Slice up and serve with soy.