Sweet Chilli Mayo Cauliflower Bites
What you need
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup ice-cold fizzy water
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Spring onion, sliced, for serving
For the sauce:
- 1 cup good-quality mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Get your oil up to temp. For the batter, add all the dry ingredients to a bowl, then whisk in the cold water. Add the florets and toss lightly to coat well in the batter.
- Drop into the hot oil piece by piece. Fry for 6 minutes or so (depending on the size of floret) then drain well.
- Mix together the ingredients for the sauce. Cover your fried cauliflower in it! Add spring onion. Destroy.