- 800g beef mince
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups fried peppers/onions
- 2 cups cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup tomato salsa
- 2/3 cup cheese
The words 'stuffed' and 'meatloaf' are without a doubt some of the most evocative in the English language. What could inspire more longing, especially when the big meaty thing has been stuffed with fajita ingredients - peppers, onions and loads of cheese? Very little, that's what. Sit back, relax, clean your hands and get ready to dive into an enormous bowl of mince.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Using (clean, please) hands, mix together the mince, seasoning, bashed up tortilla chips, tomato puree and egg.
- Push about 3/4 of it into a lined, greased loaf tin and press to the sides, leaving a gap in the middle.
- Mix together the peppers, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and salt and press into the gap. Cover with the remaining meat mixture and bake for 40 minutes.
- Take out of the tin and top with salsa and cheese then grill for 5 minutes on high.