- In a bowl whisk together 1/4 cup cornstarch, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp granulated garlic and 1/2 tsp salt together. Coat chicken and set aside.
- In another bowl mix together flour, 1/2 cup corn starch, remaining baking powder, salt, garlic powder, cayenne and tequila to form a batter.
- Heat oil in a shallow cast iron pan to 170C. Coat dredged chicken in batter and place in oil gently.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Take out and Drain on paper towel. Keep warm in an oven at 130C.
- In a sauce pot mix together 1/3 cup tequila, lime juice, honey, brown sugar and hot sauce. Bring to a boil and let reduce until thick like caramel.
- Pour sauce over chicken to coat.
- Pile mayo, lettuce and chicken on a bun.