Pasta lovers gather round for something that might just whet your appetite and send shivers down your pasta loving spines. This gooey dish takes the classic pasta bake to new delicious heights.
As great love affairs go, pasta and cheese are like the Jack and Rose of the food world. They are undoubtedly made for each other and this dish marries the two perfectly. Moreover, any food which requires both parmesan and mozzarella is certain to taste like cheese heaven on a plate (which, we can confirm, this does).
What You’ll Need:
- 500g Tortellini, uncooked
- 600g Tomato Sauce
- 200g cheddar cheese, grated
- panko breadcrumbs, 2 fistfuls
- parmesan cheese, 2 fistfuls
- 2 balls Mozzarella, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes on the vine
- olive oil
- Basil Leaves
How You Make It:
- Pop down a third of your tomato sauce in a baking dish. Go down with a layer of filled pasta. Top with cheddar and basil. Repeat these layers. After the 3rd layer of pasta go on with your mozzarella, parmesan and breadcrumbs. Top with a drizzle of olive oil and pop on your cherry toms.
- Bake for 30 mins at 200degs Celsius/ 392degs Fahrenheit. If it is colouring too much place some foil over the top.