Triple Chocolate Mocha Mousse Cake
What you need
15 digestive cookies
6 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
85g dark chocolate, broken up
400 g dark chocolate, chopped
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup espresso
2 cups heavy cream, hot
454g dark chocolate finely chopped
- Grease and line a 9” springform pan.
- In a food processor, pulse the cookies, butter and dark chocolate until crumbled. Pour into the base of a springform pan and press down evenly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until needed.
- Melt 400g of chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals. Let sit for about 10 minutes to cool.
- In a large bowl, whip together heavy cream and espresso until soft peaks form. Gently add the whipped cream to the cooled chocolate in batches and fold gently to combine.
- Pour on top of the base and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, make a ganache. Add heavy cream to chocolate. Let sit for 1 minute then stir together starting in the middle until completely combined.
- Remove mousse from springform pan leaving it on the base and set over a rack. Pour warm ganache over chilled mousse cake and let drip over the sides.
- Gently tap the tray to pop any air bubbles.
- Transfer to fridge for 30 minutes to set.