Tuscan Chicken Potato Lasagna
What you need
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp flour
- 600ml chicken stock
- 300ml double cream
- 200g drained and chopped sundried tomatoes
- 150g spinach, cooked and drained
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp Italian herb seasoning
- 6 or so smallish potatoes, unpeeled
- 18 sheets of mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 180°C360°F.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the paprika, salt, pepper and oil. Fry them in a hot pan until browned on both sides, then oven bake for a further 5 minutes until cooked through. Shred with two forks.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter until foaming and fry the garlic. Add the flour and stir, cooking for a further minute. Pour over the chicken stock gradually, beating it in with a wooden spoon each time to make a thick sauce.
- Pour in the double cream and stir everything together, then add the sundried tomatoes, cooked spinach, parmesan and Italian herbs. Add the cooked chicken and take off the heat.
- Using a mandolin or a sharp knife slice the potatoes as thinly as possible. Lay them in an even layer along the bottom of a greased lasagna dish. Top with a layer of mozzarella slices and spread a third of the cream chicken mix on top. Repeat three times, finishing with a layer of the cheese.
- Bake for around one and a half hours until cooked through.