Crispy Pesto Chicken Lasagna
Freshen up the world's favourite comfort food by adding pesto and crispy fried chicken to your lasagna - you won't regret it!
- Butterfly your chicken breasts, then cover with cling film and bash with a rolling pin until your chicken is flat and even.
- Place your flour, eggs and parmesan in 3 different bowls. Mix your parmesan, salt and pepper into the breadcrumbs.
- Dip your chicken in your flour, egg and breadcrumbs in turn until all are evenly coated.
- In a saute pan over a medium-high heat, heat your olive oil. Fry your chicken breasts a couple at a time until they are golden and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Repeat until all are cooked.
- Place your pine nuts, basil, parmesan and garlic in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Run your food processor and gradually pour into your olive oil until you have a smooth sauce. Set aside.
- In a medium sized saute pan, melt your butter over a low heat. Add your flour and cook out for 2 mins until it starts to smell biscuity. Gradually pour in your milk, stirring all the whole until you have a smooth sauce. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 2 mins until it thickens.
- Add your parmesan, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- In a buttered rectangular baking dish, pour a little of your béchamel sauce. Top with chicken, pesto, béchamel, cheese and lasagna sheets and continue until your dish is full - your final layers should be chicken, lasagna, béchamel and cheese. Bake for 30 mins until golden and bubbly.
- Serve immediately!
Giant Bacon Wrapped Chicken Pesto Roll
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Season each chicken breast and cover with clingfilm. Bash with a rolling pin or meat tenderiser until they are around 1 cm thick all the way through.
- Lay them all in a rectangle on another sheet of clingfilm (no gaps) and cover with two sheets height of mozzarella, then spread with pesto and carefully roll up. Set in the fridge for around half an hour so its easier to use in the next step.
- Stretch the bacon by scraping it carefully with the sharp side of a knife. Lay it overlapping in one sheet on and then place your unwrapped chicken log at one end and roll up tightly.
- Bake for around 45 - 55 minutes until cooked through.
- Enjoy, responsibly.
BBQ Chicken Dauphinoise
- Heat your oven to 170°C.
- In a bowl, combine all your spices with your vegetable oil.
- Pour over your chicken and mix until your chicken is totally coated.
- Pop on a baking tray and bake for 25 mins until tender.
- Shred with 2 forks, then add your red onion, bacon, jalapeno and BBQ sauce. Set aside.
- Finely slice your potatoes on a mandolin and place in a bowl of water.
- Melt your butter in a large saucepan and add your onion. Cook out over a low heat for 15 mins until softened, then add your garlic and cook out for 2 mins. Add your double cream, milk and seasoning and bring to a simmer. Add your potatoes and cook for about 10 mins until your potatoes are tender and your cream has thickened slightly.
- In a large buttered dish, arrange 1/3rd of your potatoes. Top with half your chicken and 1/3rd of your cheese. Repeat with remaining mixture, finishing with a layer of potatoes and cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour until your potatoes are totally tender and your cheese has melted. Serve immediately!