What You’ll Need:
- 3 chicken breasts
- 100ml buttermilk
- 50ml hot sauce
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 50g grated parmesan
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- 1tsp oregano
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
- olive oil (for greasing the baking tray)
- For the gravy: 30g butter, 30g plain flour, 1 chicken stock cube, 1 beef stock cube, 500ml boiling water, 1tsp dried sage
How You Make It:
- Preheat the oven to 190c.
- Slice up the chicken breasts into even strips. Place the buttermilk and hot sauce in a small bowl and mix together. In a separate bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, chilli flakes, salt, pepper and parmesan. Grease a baking tray with olive oil.
- Coat each chicken strip in the buttermilk mix then drain and coat in the breadcrumbs. Line onto the baking tray and bake for 20-30 minutes until the crumb coating is crisp and the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking make the gravy. Melt the butter in a saucepan then add the flour. Stir and cook out for 1 minute then add the stock cubes and stir until dissolved. Gradually whisk in the hot water until you have a thick gravy then add the sage and reduce to a thick sauce consistency.
- When the chicken is ready, serve up alongside the gravy with some killer french fries.