It's always exciting biting into a caramel covered sweet bun and it being stuffed with caramelised apples! Delicious. these gooey, sticky buns are easy to make and definitely good for breakfast.
- Heat brown sugar cream and butter until begins to simmer and thicken. Pour into the bottom of a 13x9” pan. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Cook the apples in a large frying pan in the butter. Add the lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon and cook until the apples have softened but not broken up. Take off the heat and allow to cool completely
- Split dough into 12 x 40g balls. Flatten and place about 1 tbsp of apple filling in the centre. Fold sides over and pinch to seal.
- Arrange stuffed dough balls on top of caramel. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes
- Bake at 180ºC for 30 minutes or until just golden brown.
- Flip over while warm and enjoy!