This Upside Down Caramel Apple Cake is covered with a luscious top layer of caramel and loaded with apples over an extremely moist sponge. Perfect served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Pour caramel into the bottom of a 9” non-stick pan. Arrange apples in a pattern around the edge and in the centre.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat butter with granulated and brown sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs, sour cream and vanilla until smooth.
- 3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, making 2 additions of dry ingredients and 1 of buttermilk
- 4. Bake in 160ºC oven for 35-40 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto serving plate.
- 5. Serve with vanilla ice cream, enjoy!