The name Volcano Pizza is increadibly fitting for three reasons, firstly, this pizza sort of looks like a volcano, secondly it’s filled with molten lava (the edible kind) and lastly this cheesey volcano it’s so good it might just BLOW your mind. Volcano food fun for the win.
This pizza is perfect for parties, though if you are not a fan of sharing, then we assure you, it is acceptable to eat the entire thing alone whilst watching Netflix with your cat.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 pizza bases
- 148ml (one bottle) Frank’s hot sauce
- 1/2 a tub cream cheese
- 100g Red Leicester, grated
- BBQ Chicken
- Red onion, sliced
- Red chilli, sliced
- Pickled Jalepenos
- 1 egg, whisked
How You Make It:
- Lay 1 of your pizza bases on a baking tray. Place an ovenproof metal ring/dish/ramekin in the centre of the base. Run a little egg wash around the sides of the ring. Cut your second pizza base down by a third, then pop this over the metal ring and let it fall in and around it, pressing down where the egg wash is brushed to ‘stick’ it to the lower pizza base. Put a little hole in the bottom of your ‘volcano’ to allow air to escape.
- Build your surrounding pizza! Passata, Mozzarella, then all your other toppings (you can use your favourites if you like).
- Bake at 200degs for 15 minutes. While it is baking, heat your cream cheese, cheese and hot sauce in a pan. When nicely incorporated and bubbly, remove from heat.
- Pop your pizza on a board and pour in your molten lava.
- Eat. But don’t burn yourself!