- 3 chicken breasts, sliced
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil + 1 tsp for the marinade
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 mixed peppers, sliced
- 3 tbsp Fajita Seasoning
- 2 tsp crushed garlic, separated into individual teaspoons
- 2 tsp crushed ginger, separated into individual teaspoons
- 400g tomato passata
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp honey
- 210ml Elmlea Single Cream (Cream Alternative)
- 150ml 0% yoghurt
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- salt, to taste
Point-Free pilau, to serve
Curry or Tex Mex? We couldn’t decide, so we went with both! Our latest Weight Watchers inspired recipe combines the smokey sizzle of Mexican spice and the creaminess of a classic curry sauce. Indulge in this delicious dinner, feel good about your food and keep your SmartPoints in check all in one go. Eating well has never been so easy!
- Slice chicken breasts and dress with 1 tsp olive oil, lemon juice, 1 tsp of ginger and garlic and 1 tbsp fajita seasoning. Set aside for 1 hour. Heat the 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a large, non-stick skillet and fry your peppers and onions over medium heat until soft and starting to colour.
- Add the remaining garlic and ginger. When it smells fragrant, add the remaining fajita seasoning. Stir through the oil. Add 2 tsp water to arrest the cooking of the garlic. When evaporated, add your sliced chicken and tomato puree and cook over high heat until the chicken has turned white and is starting to brown in places. Pour in the passata and season with honey and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes then add your cream. Bring up to a simmer, then turn off the heat and stir through the yoghurt and chopped coriander.
- Serve with point free pilau and a little extra coriander! Enjoy!