What you need
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 fresh lasagna sheets
- toasted pine nuts, a small handful
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1 egg
- nutmeg, a decent scrape
- 3 chicken breasts, butterflied and separated into pieces
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- veg oil, for shallow frying
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 balls mozzarella, torn
- Pop your squash and tomatoes on a baking tray. Dress with oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes at 200°C, or until nicely coloured and soft.
- Meanwhile, dredge your chicken in the flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Shake off the excess, then shallow fry in the veg oil on both sides until nicely crisp and cooked through. Drain and set aside.
- Mix together your ricotta, egg, parmesan, nutmeg and milk. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place some sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. Top with a layer of pasta. Place some additional sauce on top, then a layer of chicken. Top with veg, then pesto, then mozzarella and pine nuts. Repeat until the dish is full. Top with ricotta sauce then bake, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Uncover for the final 10 minutes to colour.
- Serve with a little parsley.