- In a bowl, mix together ground, whole, and halved wotsits. Set aside
- Heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add the finely chopped onions, garlic, and, thyme. Cook until the onions are very soft and translucent. Season with salt.
- Heat milk in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion, clove and bay leaf. Let infuse over low for about 10-15 minutes. Then strain.
- Heat butter in a pan over medium heat, add flour and whisk until smooth. Cook for 1 minute. Gradually pour in the infused milk and whisk until smooth. Add the confit onions and cooked macaroni followed by the cheese and Wotsits Stir to combine.
- Pour into a prepared baking dish and cover with toasted panko.
- Bake at 180ºC for 15 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with your favourite Wotsits Flavour- Really Cheesy, Sizzling Steak or Flamin' Hot