Woven Hot Dog Pizza
What you need
- 500g fresh pizza dough
- 9 frankfurters
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- american mustard, a good squeeze
- white onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- coarse sea salt
- Divide your dough in two and roll each piece out to a 1/2cm thickness. Cut one piece into a rectangle and lay it on a greased baking tray.
- Cut the other piece into a rectangle of the same size then cut it into 6 long, thin, lengthwise strips.
- Dress your bottom pizza 'base' with mustard, onion and cheese. Lay down your strips on top. Weave the frankfurters through your pizza strips. Fold 3 back on themselves and lay a frankfurter on top of the other 3. Fold the first 3 back and repeat until all the franks are in place. Brush with butter and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Serve with ketchup, obvs.