Sausage and potato skillet
- Peel and dice your potatoes into small cubes. Add to a large skillet pan with vegetable oil and salt and saute for 10 mins on medium heat, until cooked through and golden. Using a slotted spoon, remove the potatoes from the pan and set them aside.
- Add onion and garlic to the skillet and cook for 3-4 mins until translucent, add in your sliced Mattessons Smoked Pork Sausage and fry until it begins to crisp.
- Then add your diced peppers, smoked paprika and herbs. Fry for another 3 mins and then add your crispy potatoes back to the pan. Give a final season with salt and pepper and then serve topped with fresh chives.
Sausage pizza traybake
- Mix the flour, yeast, salt and sugar together in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the oil, then add about 225ml water to bring together as a dough. Tip out onto a floured surface and knead for 1 minute, just until smooth. Leave to prove for 1 hour while you prepare your toppings.
- Slice your Mattessons sausage, red onions, roasted red peppers and jalapenos.
- Split your dough into two and roll out one ball at a time on a lightly floured surface, to about 25cm in diameter. Sprinkle a large square of baking paper with the cornmeal (or alternative) then lift the dough onto the paper. Stretch and press the pizza dough with your fingertips until it is about 30cm diameter, indenting a thicker crust around the edges. The middle should be about 5mm, and the crust about 1cm deep.
- Top with passata, shredded mozzarella, then Mattessons sliced smoked sausage, followed by red onions, peppers and jalapenos.
- Bake for 15 mins in a preheated oven at 220 degrees.
- Finish with torn basil.
Sausage and egg fried rice
- In a wok heat vegetable oil and add in your Sliced Mattessons Smoked Pork Sausage. Cook for 3-4 mins until the edges begin to crisp.
- Then add in your spring onions, ginger and garlic. Once the aromatics are fragrant add the cooked rice toss to coat and allow the rice to begin to crisp in places. Add in your peas, soy sauce and sesame oil fry for another 4 mins stirring frequently.
- When your rice and peas are completely cooked, push the fried rice to the outside of the wok creating a space in the middle, pour your beaten eggs into the wok and season with salt and pepper. As the egg scrambles, fold your fried rice through the egg. Garnish with spring onions and serve immediately.
Cajun sausage pasta
- In a large pan, add your vegetable oil and Mattessons Smoked Sausage, pan fry or 3 mins then add red onion, garlic, red pepper, yellow pepper and saute until the vegetables soften slightly. Add your spices and stir to combine.
- Tip in a tin of chopped tomatoes, followed by chicken stock, salt and pepper and sugar. Stir and turn heat down to allow it to simmer for 6-7 mins or until the sauce has reduced.
- Add in the cream cheese and stir. Then add the parmesan cheese and cooked pasta tossing the sauce through the pasta. To serve garnish with parsley and black pepper.