1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
2. Sauté the peppers and onions with the salt on a medium heat until the peppers have softened and the onions have turned a dark golden colour. Leave to cool in a bowl.
3. Mix the beef mince with the dried oregano, cayenne, salt and pepper. On a sheet of tin foil press the beef into an even rectangle.
4. Lay slices of provolone across the middle and top with the peppers and onion mix.
5. Gently roll the meat up from the smaller end of the rectangle, using the foil to push it into a large sausage shape.
6. Lay the strips of bacon across another sheet of tin foil and repeat, making sure the meat roll is tightly wrapped up in a lovely bacon jacket.
7. Bake, covered, for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake for a further 30 minutes.