- Peel the bananas and keep the fruit for banana bread or smoothies.
- Using a fork or offset spatula, scrape the remaining white flesh of the banana off the skin, repeat with all banana peels. Tear each banana peel into 4-5 strips while also removing and discarding the stem.
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, maple syrup, smoked paprika, garlic powder and pepper until smooth.
- Coat the banana skin in the mixture and let it marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat some oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the banana skin peels and cook on both sides until browned and caramelized. Take off and drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast your sliced bread. Spread two slices generously with Hellmann’s Baconnaise. Top one slice with the banana bacon followed by tomato and lettuce. Place the second slice of toast on top, mayonnaise side down. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Slice and enjoy!