- Mix together the espresso and cherry liqueur in a dish. Set aside.
- Add egg yolks and 50g of sugar in a bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Using a hand mixer, whip until tripled in volume. Add chopped chocolate and cocoa powder.
- Remove the bowl from heat then beat in mascarpone cheese until just combined.
- Whip the cream in a bowl until it holds stiff peaks. Fold in half of the whipped cream mixture into the egg mixture.
- Dip half of the ladyfingers very quickly into the cherry and vodka mix , and place around the bottom of a large plate.
- Spread a layer of the cream mixture and repeat with remaining fingers and filling. Let set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, ideally overnight.
- Dust with a little cocoa powder.