- In a pan, add olive oil then sliced garlic and chillies. Once the garlic and chilli have softened add in your plum tomatoes followed by your halved onion and butter. Season with salt and leave to gently simmer for 40 mins.
- While your sauce is cooking, make the crispy chicken thighs, season your chicken with oil,salt and pepper. Place skin side down in a frying pan. Cover with baking paper and place a cast iron pan on top to flatten the chicken thighs. Heat pan and cook for about 10 mins on medium high. Remove the pan and the baking paper and flip over your chicken. The skin should be crispy and golden. Cook for 3-4mins on the other side and then set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and salt generously to cook your spaghetti.
- Once the tomato sauce has cooked and the fat has risen, remove the onion and blitz with a hand blender until smooth and creamy.
- Once the pasta has cooked, toss it in the creamy tomato and butter sauce, finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Slice your crispy chicken thighs and toss gently with the pasta. Serve and garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh chives.