Looking for light, healthy and delicious midweek meal inspiration? We’ve got you covered! Bringing a little bit of sunshine into your lives using Cauldron Tofu Marinated pieces in an utterly tasty and fresh rice bowl using flavours from across Asia. It’s made with crispy tofu, cucumber, radishes, and rice, all smothered in a spicy peanut sauce. Make this recipe for lunch or dinner - either way you will not be disappointed.
- Bash the cucumber with a rolling pin on a chopping board. Then cut into quarters lengthwise then into chunky bite size pieces. Place into a strainer over a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Let drain in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Mix together the garlic, vinegar and chili oil in a bowl. Once the cucumber has drained, rinse the salt off and pat dry. When ready to serve, toss in the vinegar mix.
- Mix the vinegar and caster sugar in a bowl and add the radishes, let sit for at least 10 minutes to quick pickle.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add the Cauldron Tofu Marinated Pieces and fry turning frequently until heated through.
- Meanwhile, mix all of the peanut sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Coat the tofu in the peanut sauce.
- Distribute the cooked sticky rice in bowls, top with the Cauldron tofu marinated pieces, cucumber and pickled radish. Sprinkle sesame seeds and garnish with spring onions.