These Korean Tofu ‘wings’ with Cauldron’s Authentic Tofu are screaming out to be enjoyed with friends and family whatever the circumstances. If you’re looking for a recipe that is truly delicious, full of bold, bright, Korean flavours this is the recipe for you - who needs chicken wings when you can make the easiest swap to make it plant-based without compromising on flavour, we couldn’t recommend these ‘wings’ enough.
- Cut open the pack of Cauldron’s Authentic Tofu block and drain off the liquid from your tofu, then wrap it in a kitchen towel and give it a squeeze to draw out the water. Using a fresh kitchen towel, give it another squeeze. Tear your tofu into chunks and set aside. In a medium bowl combine vegetable stock, soy sauce, garlic powder and ginger powder to create your marinade.
- Toss the tofu in the mixture and leave to sit for about 10 mins.
- Next place your cornflour in a large bowl and toss your marinated tofu until completely coated. Spray a large tray with cooking spray and place on your coated tofu wings. Give a final spray of cooking spray to the tofu wings to ensure crispness and place your tray into a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 10 mins or until golden brown.
- While your wings bake, make the Korean style glaze. In a small saucepan, add garlic, Korean chilli paste, soy sauce, vinegar, maple, water and sesame oil. Simmer until the glaze thickens and remove from heat.
- Once your tofu wings have cooked and are perfectly crisp, toss your wings in the glaze making sure to coat completely. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of sesame and sliced spring onions.