- In a blender add in your ancho paste, tomatoes, onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, smoked paprika, red chilli, chipotle, oil and salt. Blitz until smooth and completely combined. Set aside.
- Season your chicken thighs with salt and pepper generously. Then add enough vegetable oil to coat the pan. Heat your pan to medium high and when the oil shimmers, add in your chicken allowing enough space between each thigh. You are looking for slight browning on your chicken.
- Once the chicken has picked up some colour and is beginning to carmelize, add in your slice red peppers and red onions. Cook for 2 mins then pour over your taco sauce. Bring to a simmer and cover, leaving to cook for 30 mins until the chicken has softened and easily falls apart. Shred your chicken thighs and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. In a greased pie dish lay a sheet of pastry and press into the dish. Then add your chicken mixture, top with cheese and then place your second sheet of pastry on top. Pinch together the sides of the pastry, sealing the pie. Egg wash the pie and make a small hole in the middle to allow moisture to escape.
- Bake your pie for 40 mins until the pastry is golden. While your pie bakes, make a salsa, combine diced white onion, tomato, coriander, garlic, lime juice and salt in a bowl.
- To serve, cut a slice pie, drizzle over sour cream and top with salsa.