We all know we should be using up our leftovers, but it's not so tempting when we don't have something delicious to look forward to in the evening.
Enter: Chicken Tikka Flatbread Pizzas — a perfect weeknight recipe, especially if you have some odd bits of chicken rattling around in your fridge. We used Onken Natural Set Yogurt, which promises a firm texture as well as a mild & creamy taste.
Onken Natural Set Yogurt is part of the "Too Good To Go" initiative. Like Onken, we want our readers to encourage using every last spoonful of yogurt in the pot to cut down on food waste. And it helps that Natural Set is delicious to boot...
- Mix together the garlic and ginger to form a paste. Set 2 tbsp aside for later. Add the remaining paste to a bowl along with lemon juice, chilli, Onken Natural Set Yogurt, vegetable oil, salt. Add the chicken pieces and stir them through to thoroughly coat then cover with clingfilm and leave them to marinate in the fridge for around 1 and a half hours (not in the fridge).
- To get the sauce going, heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the whole spices and toast for a minute or until they smell aromatic and lovely - careful not to burn them. Stir through the onion with the salt and continue to cook for around 10 minutes, or until the onion has gone golden brown.
- Add the 2 tbsp of ginger/garlic paste and stir fry for roughly a minute, or until the raw smell has gone, then add the ground spices. Add a splash of water if things look like they are catching.
- Add the tomato puree and green chilli and cook for another minute, then pour in the passata. And continue cooking for 5 minutes until fairly reduced. Stir the Onken Natural Set Yogurt and cream through the sauce until combined.
- Meanwhile, skewer the chicken pieces and grill until cooked through and lightly charred, roughly 10 minutes. When cooled a little, chop into chunks Mix together the garnish in a small bowl.
- Spread the curry sauce on the flatbreads and top with the chopped chicken. Spoon over the garnish and enjoy!