- Start by marinating your chicken thighs. Combine the buttermilk, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Place your chicken into the marinade and place in the fridge for an hour.
- While your chicken is marinating, make your Bulleit Bourbon BBQ cranberry sauce. In a pot place your cranberries, brown sugar, Bulleit Bourbon, ketchup, liquid smoke, shallots, chilli flakes, mustard, worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar and ketchup into a small pan. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer. Once the cranberries are soft and the sauce has become lovely and thick. Turn off heat and blend until smooth using a hand blender. Then leave to cool.
- Then move on to the Bulleit Bourbon special sauce. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, diced shallot, Bulleit Bourbon, smoked paprika, yellow mustard and salt and pepper. Stir and taste for seasoning.
- Now your chicken has marinated for an hour, it's time to coat your chicken. In a bowl, combine your flour, salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika and pepper. Remove your chicken thighs one at a time from the buttermilk and place in the seasoned flour, being sure to completely coat the chicken in flour, for extra crispy chicken burgers, repeat the process.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, adding enough oil to deep fry your chicken. Once the oil is 350 degrees, gently place your coated chicken into the hot oil. Cook until golden brown for about 8-10 minutes.
- While your chicken is cooking, make a quick batter for the pickles, combining, flour, salt and pepper, garlic powder with water. Whisk until smooth. Slice your pickles lengthwise.
- Once your chicken is cooked through and golden brown, the internal temp should be 75 degrees, remove from oil and place onto a wire rack to drain.
- Dunk your pickles into the batter and lift out allowing excess batter to drip away. Place gently into the hot oil you cooked your chicken in. Fry for about 2 minutes then remove using a slotted spoon and place on a plate with a kitchen towel.
- Bring hot water to a rolling boil and cook your corn on the cob until plump and crisp. Once cooked season with salt and pepper and cover with butter and sliced chives!
- Now make your burger. On a toasted burger bun, drizzle your Bulleit Bourbon special sauce on the top and bottom, place a piece of chicken on top, then cover your chicken with the BBQ Bulleit Bourbon cranberry sauce, whack in your deep fried pickles and some shredded lettuce finally place the lid on your burger! Enjoy with your delicious buttered corn on the cob!
Stir and strain in a coupe cocktail glass
Garnish with a cherry